- Young people leaving residential or foster care are two-and-a-half times as likely to be NEET (not in education, employment or training) than those living with their families.
- One in five young women who have been in the care system become teenage mums. When asked many say they wanted someone to love and who would love them back.
- A quarter of those who have become homeless had been in care at some point in their lives.
- Almost a quarter (24%) of those in prison had been in care as children.
- 62% of children in care are there because of abuse or neglect, and this can have a significant and lasting impact on their mental and emotional well-being.
Our qualified Youth and Community Workers offer practical work-related activities combined with one-to-one mentoring to young people struggling with living independently. We support care-leavers to improve their confidence and emotional well-being, manage debt and tenancy so they are less likely to become homeless, build their skills, go to college and secure work.