If you have ANY concerns about a young person, contact MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub)
Warwickshire MASH 01926 414144
Coventry MASH 024 7678 8555
Young People First is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. Working within the guidelines of best practice outlined by the Warwickshire Safeguarding Children’s Board (WSCB) we deliver this commitment through:
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when staff, volunteers or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children and young people.
- Working with partners to establish and implement agreed, consistent minimum safeguarding standards across Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire.
- Maximising our influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within our wider partnership roles and relationships.
- Providing safeguarding training, support and guidance to anyone who works/volunteers with children and/or young people
- All staff and volunteers are subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks (DBS)
- We ask for a minimum of two references for all staff and volunteers
- We work with partners and agencies to ensure that we keep up-to-date with legislation, new threats and best practice
- All staff and volunteers are trained in Child Protection and Safeguarding
- We notice things – we operate under a commitment of concern for all young people
- We share concerns as appropriate with other agencies that can help
- We tell young people that we may need to pass information onto others if we are concerned for their welfare or if they tell us that they are at risk of harm.
For everything and anything to do with relationships, sexuality, sexual health, contraception, sex and much more go to Respect Yourself – a site designed with young people, for young people. Lots of interactive pages and an opportunity to ask ANYTHING (really!).
Compass Warwickshire offers advice, information and specialist treatment for drug and alcohol on freephone 08000 88 72 48. Talk to Frank has great information about drugs. For information about medications Headmeds. The Recovery Partnership offers needle exchange, treatment options, structured day programmes and other support.